As registered, practising nurses and mothers, we were well positioned to understand basic hygiene requirements but upon examination of general parental hygiene practises it became apparent, that;
1. They often excluded soap and water.
2. Involved the use of potential skin irritants.
3. Not suitable for sensitive skin conditions.
4. YOU still needed soap and water.
5. Couldn't effectively clean in hard to reach areas.
6. Contributed large amounts of waste to landfill (wipes).
7. No where near EFFECTIVE in cleaning an EXPLOSION.
“Hand washing reduces diarrhoea episodes by 30%, which contributes to 1.8 million deaths annually, especially children under 5 years of age”(Ejemot-Nwadiaro, Ehiri, Arikpo, Meremikwu, & Critchley, 2015).
Poor hygiene both in the cleaning process of changing nappies and long term hand hygiene habits directly contribute to these statistics.
The BBS is designed to be easily integrated into daily cleaning rituals to make it easy to always be healthy and hygienic when dealing with children.