How to use your device
- Just twist the lid (at the bottom of the device) and fill the device with water.
- Choose a neutral pH balanced emollient based wash. What you use during bath time, should be used in your Baby Bum Shower. Follow the chosen manufacturers guidelines for dilution ratio.
- Twist the lid back on.
- Undo the wet/soiled Nappy/Pad, and expose the area to be cleaned, without removing the nappy/pad.
- Ensure the The silicone 'smurf hat' nests between your thumb and finger, allowing for full comfort and control as you juggle your tricky situation.
- Apply gentle pressure on the 'smurf hat' to emit a soft squirt, over the area being cleaned. Any residue will wash into the wet/soiled nappy/pad.
- For wet nappies/pads, rinse the entire area in contact with urine, and remove the wet nappy/pad. Replace with clean nappy/pad. You can pat dry the area gently or air dry. Air drying is the recommended strategy if able. Ensuring the nappy/pad is securely fit and placed into creases, the area air dries efficiently ensuring no area is left moist.
- For soiled nappies/pads, the soft squirt, works to help soften/remove residue first, into the soiled nappy/pad. Approx 2-3 wipes are then used to remove thicker particles into the nappy/pad. To finish off-further spray over the area to ensure thoroughly clean. Remove and air dry, with correct placement of new nappy/pad as point 7.
- It is recommend a barrier cream be applied at every nappy change to assist in maintaining skin barrier function.